Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Modeling And Being Christian

I've been told that my career as a model and actress would advance so much more if I would just do more "sexy" work. But, that isn't who I am or what I'm striving for in my career-I have and will remain 100% intact to myself as a person. This is who I am and I'm not backing down.

I don't do nudity work because I think of all the young girls who email me and tell me that they look up to me and watch everything that I do. I recently saved one young tween's email that said, "I want to be just like you-I follow everything you do!" I saved it as a reminder to myself to make the best decisions that I can daily because my decisions regarding roles and photo shoots I accept have more influence than just my bank account-which is something I occasionally forget. Due to doing family films, I understand that the people who watch, enjoy, observe, and like my work are often times younger and I understand that my choices are very important because it is so much more than just a salary. I take it as a great responsibility that these young people follow my career and I promise to always try to do my best to never let them down or disappoint anybody due to my actions and/or choices in my career.

I also have been told that if I would just be silent about my strong beliefs in God that my career would advance so much more. I've been told that I'm such a likable and agreeable person that it's such a "shame" to have and frequently voice such strong opinions about God's existence and His love. Well, I'm not ashamed and in fact, I'm really proud to say that I'm a Christian and that I like to dabble in philosophy. I will always treat others with differing opinions with love and respect but I personally have been so moved by the story in The Bible that it has transformed my life!

God loves you and His son died so that you could live. God has a wonderful plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11).

The truth is that I know who I am and I know what my goals are and I'm not changing who I am. It is ok to be different.

www.KeilahJude.com
www.twitter.com/KeilahJude
www.facebook.com/KeilahKJude


No comments:

Post a Comment